18 October 2006

A short rebuke to a former hero (BR)

I have had enough of Senator John McCain.

In the past year, he's capitulated to the loons in the Religious Right who, during his 2000 run for President, he correctly identified as hate-filled theocrats; he's taken a strong rhetorical stance against torture of detainees in U.S. custody just before endorsing the Bush-gutted bill that legalizes just the disgusting practice; he's espoused the fundamentally insane notion that negligence on President Bill Clinton's part led directly to North Korea's acquisition of nukes, and now this:

"I think I'd just commit suicide."

-- Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), quote by Radio Iowa, on what he would do if Democrats take control of the U.S. Senate. (Radio Iowa via Taegan Goddard's Political Wire)


So without blowing the proverbial gasket here on the blog, I'll share the e-mail I shot off to the "Honorable" Senator from Arizona, adding only a gentle prod to write him something similar if you're as incensed as I am:

"I think I'd just commit suicide."

Perhaps you should do so anyway, Senator, because in just a matter of months you've gone from a true hero and patriot to a scummy, partisan appeaser of crooks and fanatics.

I am a New York Democrat who about a year ago would have enthusiastically supported you in a run for national office. Now I don't care at all about anything you have to say, on any topic. You should be ashamed of yourself.


In the increasingly likely event that Senate control does in fact switch hands in November, we can't let Sen. McCain renege on his initial promise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

I'm sorry, but i just need this "on the record" as they say:


"The giant fork sticking out of McCain's back could not be reached for further comment."

10/18/2006 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home